First Thing to Check - This video tutorial shows the first thing to check when you see a 'Database Not Connected' message after launching the Church BookKeeper application.
Second Thing to Check - This video tutorial shows the next thing to check when you see a 'Database Not Connected' message (especially if the 'SQL Server (MPC)' service cannot be found).
Final Thing to Check - This video tutorial shows the final thing to check (especially if 'login failed for user sa').
Not Prompted for Activation Code - This video tutorial shows how to resolve an issue with not being prompted for the activation code after you've installed the Church BookKeeper app.
Backing Up, Restoring and Moving Data - This video tutorial shows how to back up your Church BookKeeper data, how to restore the data and how to move your data from one computer to another one.
Unable to Create Backup - This video tutorial shows how to modify the Church BookKeeper configuration file if you see a 'block size' message when you try to create a backup.
Importing Data from Version 2005 or 2007 - This video tutorial shows the steps to move your BookKeeper 2005 or BookKeeper 2007 data to Church BookKeeper 3.1 (or newer).
- Automatically starts the app as an administrator to allow for the activation code to be prompted
- Improvements to the Help File
- Improvements for Backing Up and Restoring Data
- Automatically starts the SQL database service if it is stopped
- Adds ‘Memorial Funds’ and Memorial Fund Letters
- Adds a ‘Memo’ prompt on the Record Contributions screen
- Adds a ‘Tangible Benefit Amount’ prompt to the Record Contributions screen
- Adds an option to exclude contributor info on the Category Report
- Automatically prompts to backup the database when the application is closed
- Adds a prompt for the second contributor’s last name
- Adds a ‘minimum contribution’ threshold for generating the Contribution Letters
Note: This upgrade requires Church BookKeeper version 188.8.131.52 or newer (original 184.108.40.206 or higher installations - it will not install on older versions that have been upgraded to version 220.127.116.11)